Silpasathi || State Online Single Window Services || Ease of Doing Business || Government of West Bengal

For any critical issues or difficulties faced while submitting application please call to our Quick Response Team at 03322622004 in between 10am to 5pm on Monday to Friday (Except Holidays) | Applicants can avail the e-Service - Issuance of Trade License Certificate (New) under the Department of UD&MA from : whereas Renewal of Trade License Certificate under the Department of UD&MA e-Service is currently available from Silpasathi Portal | The Silpasathi Portal is now LIVE with 118 Industrial related Licenses / Approvals / NoCs and Renewals | For any technical query, kindly drop a mail at | Silpa Sathi Single Window Cell - Helpline no. (Toll free) 1800-345-5562
Frequently Asked Questions
Labour Commissionerate

Yes, the act is applicable to any establishment employing 20 or more employees.

Yes, the act is applicable to shops and establishments employing 10 or more employee.

The Act is applicable to every establishment in which 20 or more persons are employed on any day during an accounting year.

No, it is not applicable.

Not more than 8 and 9 Hrs in a day or altogether 48 hrs in a week .After the closing of the shop or establishment also he or she cannot work.

10 Hours including normal hrs of work in a day or 120 hours total overtime can be done in a year.

Not more than 6 hours of work of continuous work after which at least one hour of rest is to be given.

14 days Privilege leave with full pay, 14 days sick leave with half pay, 10 days Casual leave with full pay and Maternity leave as per rules.

Within 30 days of Commencement of business.

Within seven days.

Once in every Three years.

No it cannot be done. Within 15 days of such transfer the Registration Certificate has to be surrendered specifying the change of ownership and apply for a new Registration Certificate.
L & LR and RR & R

Mutation means substitution of the name of a person by the name of another in the record-of rights.

An enterprise may apply for mutation when the land is acquired by way of purchase, gift etc.

Permission is necessary for change in land use which is called Land Conversion.

An enterprise may apply for land conversion after mutation of the land.

If a unit is set up in an industrial estate/park which have already got land conversion, no further conversion is required by any individual enterprise (( order No. 324-LP/1A-12/13 dated 05.02.2015 of L&LR Dept.).
Fire and Emergency Services

Dial toll free number 101 & Call your local Fire Station. Note the location and telephone numbers of different Fire Stations.

Yes it is mandatory, Fire Safety Certificate is necessary for any high risk building.

High risk building is defined by Notification No. 279/DS/FS/O/C-1/FIA-3/96 dtd. 8th July, 2003

Yes, the definition of high risk building laid down vide Notification No. 279/DS/ FS/O/C-1/FIA-3/96 -08.07.2003. High Rise building means all building above 14.5 Mtrs. in height. All high rise buildings are high risk building apart from other categories.

Residential buildings having height more than 14.5 Meters are required to obtain fire safety certificate. Where ever there are more than eight dwelling units fire safety guidelines are to be followed. Similarly building with multipurpose occupancy requires fire safety certificate irrespective of height.

FSC (Fire Safety Certificate) is required for all high rise and high risk building which is a condition of granting FSL (Fire Safety License) and FL are required for storing, keeping processing inflammable articles beyond the limit as prescribes in the Fire service Act.

Yes, owner/occupiers are liable. Violation of rule is an offence which is cognizable and non-bailable offence.

Authority and timelines for issuing FSC and FL are defined in Notification no. 1525/FES/N-2E-131/2015 dated 11.11.2013

Yes, for details please visit

Following documents are required for obtaining new connection i. Passport/voter ID/ Telephone bill ii. Land ownership documents (property paper/purchase deed/tenancy deed/tax receipt of Panchayat/Municipality) (Ref: No. 146-PO/O/C-III/4M-02/2015 dated 29.06.2016 of Power & NES Department, GoWB)

No. The requirement of consent to establishment from pollution control board has been dispensed with (No. 89-PO/O/C-III/4M-02/2015 dated 01.04.2015 of Power & NES department)

Connection is to be granted within 15 days from the date of deposit of quotation amount by the intending consumers (Order of WBSEDCL communicated vide no. CMD/09/284(I) dated 31.03.2015)
Directorate of Factories

Yes, application for Factory License and renewal can now be made online through

Yes. CAF is available at

Please visit for comprehensive checklist for this purpose.

Yes. Following declaration are necessary for registration of the factory and grant of licence a. Date of starting of manufacturing process (exact date) along with no. of workers on that date. b. Date on which more than nine workers were employed for the first time, along,with number of worker c. List of machineries along with HP/KW.

Please refer and follow instructions under heading "online renewal of factory Licence" at

Enter last submitted Form No.2 and change the manpower/horse power or both. Pay the revised fees plus amendment fees Rs. 50. Submit revised Form No.2 online and send one hard copy of Form No.2, original GRIPS payment receipt and report generated by computer to Inspector of factories to his office. For details please visit

Amend your last submitted Form No.2 and change the name of the occupier and re- submit along with documents. Submit fees Rs.50 online through GRIPS. Form 2 and receipt in original to be submitted to area I.F along with computer receipt.

Yes, your factory attracts section 85 of Factories Act 1948. For details, please go through Notification no. 781-LW/1F-I1/06.-3rd October 2007 or visit
WBPCB - Environment

Under Memo No. 1114-4A-6/2015(Part I) dt. 09.05.2016 of WBPCB, validity period of Consent to Establish (NOC) has been extended to 7 years from 5 years.

5 Years for ‘Red’ Category and 'Orange' category enterprises and 7 years for 'Green' category enterprises (order no. 1646-4A-7/2016 dtd. 28/06/2016 of WBPCB).

Yes, please go through the Memo No.1644-4A-6/2015 (Part I) Dated: 28/06/2016 of WBPCB.

Depending upon the pollution and hazard potential of industrial activities, the industries are categorized as red, orange, green and exempted.

West Bengal Pollution Control Board (WBPCB) in line with the directions of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued new categorization of industries vide Memo No. Memo No.: 1512/4A-18/2010 (Pt.I) Date: 14.06.2016. To categorize your enterprise, please visit the following URL:

Application is required to be submitted before setting up of industry and for expansion/ upgradation of the industry.

Please visit Consent to Establish.

For details please visit:

Running units and the units starting operation after establishing as per NOC issued by the Board have to apply for consent to operate.

Please visit Consent to Operate.

For both Consent to Establish and Consent to Operate application fee depends on the Gross Capital Investment on land, building and plant machinery of the project.
Directorate of Boilers

Boiler means a pressure vessel in which steam is generated for use external to itself by application of heat which is wholly or partly under pressure when steam is shut off but does not iiclude a pressure vessel:- i) With capacity less than 25 litres (such capacity being measured from the feed check valve to the main steam stop valve) ii) With less than one kilogram per centimetre square design gauge pressure or iii) In which water is heated below one hundred degrees centigrade

A boiler shall come under the purview of the Boiler Act 1923 when all the following conditions are satisfied:- i) The capacity of the pressure vessel in which steam is generated for use external to itself by application of heat should be greater than or equal to 25 litres. ii) The working pressure should be greater than or equal to 1 kg/cm2 iii) Water should be heated at or above one hundred degrees centigrade.

Owner includes any person possessing or using a boiler as agent of the owner thereof and any person using a boiler which he is hired or obtained on loan from the owner thereof.

Please visit
Query / Grievance